My disappointment is widely shared on the Internet as many blogs report that this product does not live up to expectations.
The features that I miss are:
- A camera in the front (and in the back) – so I can not use this device for video conferencing.
- Multi tasking – a basic function that I also miss on my iPod Touch. I want to run Skype in the background and play my favorite games without missing a Skype call.
- No Flash – there is something that Apple does not like about Flash in their mobile devices.
- No HDMI – you sure want to connect this device to your 40inch screen.
- No USB – you cannot plugin a single usb stick to expand memory limits.
The upside is that the iPad:
- Will be available with 3G. One the features I wanted most.
- Will last 10 hours on a single charge. With a standby-time of one month.
- And without doubt the Apple App Store will fill itself with cool apps for this device.
I am however not going to buy one. Not even the cheapest model. I hope for an improved version later this year. Let’s wait and see what happens next.